Hendricks Head Light
Located about 10 miles south of Boothbay Harbor off Route 27, situated on the mouth of the Sheepscot River in Cozy Harbor on Sourthport Island. Private residence. Views are possible from a beach in West Southport.
Doubling Point Range Lights
The Kennebec River Range Lights, or Doubling Point Range Lights as they are referred to, were established on Arrowsic Island in 1898 to mark an extreme double turn in the channel at what is known as Fiddler Reach. It is the only range light in Maine with two towers with identical lights. A ship’s captain would know that when the two light towers are aligned they are in the middle of the channel to make sure they were still on course. There is limited parking at the station. For information on visiting the station, contact Range Light Keepers.